Duelyst is a Free to Play (F2P), Arcade simulation of a Tactical Multiplayer Game played on turns (TBS).
Duelyst has an expansive identify and mythology, with gorgeous landscapes filled with rich, complex characters, untold stories and unraveled histories. The focus is on squad-based combat on a tactical map with fast-paced multiplayer 1v1 battles where victory comes from defeating your opponent's General, with a heavy focus on ranked competitive play.
- Customize Your Battle Squad: Select from a roster of 100+ battle units and spells, each with different stats and abilities that interact in unique ways during combat. No squad or battle will play out the same.
- Skill-Based Tactical Combat: Duelyst is about unit positioning, understanding your squad's capabilities, anticipating your opponent and maintaining board control. At its core, Duelyst is a tactical tabletop board game without all the manual math calculations.
- Real-Time or Asynchronous Gameplay: Players can choose from multiple game modes, including Ranked Draft or Ranked Normal, where each turn lasts 90 seconds in a multiplayer head-to-head synchronous live game. Or players can choose asynchronous, non-ranked matches with no limit to the length of time for each turn in the Practice Casual mode. In Single Player mode, players can challenge themselves against the computer AI and progress by unlocking new battle units and spells.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Find equally matched players to play head-to-head anytime in Ranked Normal or Draft mode on various competitive tiers.
- Short Sessions: Each game session is designed to be played in less than 30 minutes, so players can engage in competitive skill-based games without investing hours towards a single session.
- Unlockables: Winning multiplayer matches and completing objectives in Single Player will unlock new battle units, spells, and alternate skins. Every battle unit and spell is earned by spending time playing the game.